that's right, my 24th birthday celebration. In other words--WAY WAY too long! I was so glad to hug her neck and catch up without having to schedule phone dates/playing phone tag and leaving forever long voicemails.
Thursday: We slept in, and were begged by some little redhead to play Mario Kart and Just Dance to entertain the kiddo. Eventually Charlotte lost interest, but Katy and I did not so our dance off continued for quite some time. We realized how late in the day it was...by the time we got ready, we didn't each lunch until 3:00! Oops? I dropped off K. Fish at the airport so she could make it to her friend's wedding and I headed over to Kirby's and Daniel's for the night. It was so great to have almost a whole day with my best friend--even though we forgot to document our visit, she did make a little collage of past adventures :)
Friday: Kirby and I spent some time together, but most of the day was spent with my little French Fry (we're trying out new nicknames, this one seems to be sticking) and helping Kirby clean the house. I am so glad to be able to help Kirby out while she seems to constantly be going to doctor's appointments and spend time with her cutie little kid! It helps that the kid is pretty stinking adorable.
Friday night was another reunion with a long lost best friend!! Kasey was in town for a dental conference and the last night I saw her was December 2010 at the Garth Brooks concert!!
That is just crazy, which made seeing her even more sweet. And only because I love her, I faked being a Cats fan so I could fit in with the rest of the Kentucky girls while we cheered them on against IU. She was staying at the Westin Downtown and Hooters was a short walk away....so Hooters it was. Hilarious. And so fun.
Saturday: Mostly an uneventful morning, but relaxing. Alexa came over in the late afternoon so we could have some friendship time, so naturally we watched guard videos. We went over to Bonnie's so we could get ready for Mary, Bracca, Beza, and Bro's Miami birthday party. Although the Miami theme was left up for interpretation, I think mine turned out a bit more Hawaii meets Vegas rather than Miami, but I embraced it. I've missed the chance to dress up for parties since socials are a thing of the past...The party was awesome and so so fun. Two Saturdays in a rows with some of my favorites: I can't complain!
Sunday: Picked up Katy from the airport and made perfect timing to see the Hunger Games! It was great, but like always...the book is better. They did a pretty good job of sticking to the books and it was neat to see the books acted out, but books will always, always be better. Katy had to turned around pretty quick to get stuff done before her week of rotations, but it worked out well because I had to head back to Bonster's because I'd left my license at her apartment. Whoopsies! Don't worry, I have it now.
And that was my spring break in a nutshell. Wonderful, filled with lots of friendships and time with family and seeing long lost friends! So so wonderful.



No comments:
Post a Comment