-Reading at least 2 30 page chapters
-Analyzing a transcription I had to do of myself during a mock counseling session
-Editing stuff for my Qualitative report (that's due Friday! OY!)
-Writing up description, intros, conclusions, and many, many more for my report
-And a long list of other things I should be doing, but can't think of because the first four things will keep me busy until...well, this week is over.
But I wanted to do a weekend update while I felt like procrastinating and I feel like I'm at least partially productive when I'm blogging. :)
This weekend, Molly and Hannah came to visit me!!! :) YAY! Molly and I were co's during my 3rd summer at Camp Vesper Point and now she's going to be Head Girls this summer! I'd like to take all of the credit for teaching her everything she needs to know about CVP (totally just kidding!)
And Hannah is my twin! I've talked about Hannah in earlier posts--she got married almost a year ago!! But let me just say that I love my twin forever and always.
With all of that said, we all needed some Molly/Hannah/Kristin time. So we found a weekend we were all free and we met in the "middle"...or as close to the middle, which was my casa in Marietta. Because of the impending storms, their schedules got rearranged and they got to come even earlier than we had planned-which is good because we got to go out to dinner earlier! We went to Chili's with my family and opted to have two tables instead of just one so we wouldn't have to wait any longer than we already had because we were hungry! And good thing we didn't wait! We got home and were just about to start getting Charlotte ready for bed (Charlotte had claimed Molly and Hannah as her new found best friends at this point in the evening and we were referred to as "the girls" for the rest of the weekend by the curly headed three year old) when we heard the sirens going off.
Now, I knew there were storms coming...but there's just something about hearing those eery sirens that drains the blood out of my face. We were glued to the TV and ready to duck and cover for about the next half and hour. I don't know what kind of panic I would have been in if Charlotte hadn't been downstairs with us and I didn't have Molly scratching my back for the better part of that half hour. After we got the all clear, we got the kid ready for bed and were even invited to be apart of her nightly rock concert. That's right. My niece has a nightly rock concert. And is therefore way cooler than I was when I was her age. Of course my camp friends were troopers and got all decked out and danced all around with us for the show! So. Much. FUN.
Later that night, Katie was watching the news and saw pictures and reports from a Home Depot in East Cobb to report the wind damage from the storms (possible tornado touch down) and for the longest time, they didn't say which Home Depot it was. Then they scanned the parking lot and the Home Depot is in the same parking lot where we were for dinner about 30 minutes before the storms hit! If we had waited for one table instead of two, we could have still be there! Or driving through the storm! That was a reality check and a little scary to think of how close the storms were to hitting us. They had calmed down a bunch from when they hit Alabama and were not nearly as bad as when they came through Paulding County, but still scary! Here are a few pictures of the damage from where we would have been if we didn't make it home when we did.
Saturday was spent playing Mario Kart, Just Dance, driving around (read: Kristin gets lost; times 4), laughing, watching this YouTube Video and this one too....on repeat...Hilarious!!! And just spending time together. We had dinner with my family and Molly drove back to B-ham after dinner and Hannah woke up at the crack of dawn so she could go to church with her hubs in Asheville, NC.
Sunday was much less eventful, but very busy just the same. Church, a young adults lunch (I'm making friends! more on that later), and an afternoon and evening of writing papers, stressing to Taylor Ann about all of our school work, and more school work (with occasional procrastination in the form of writing a blog post). A wonderful, friend filled weekend. Hopefully that gave me just enough of a break to really buckle down this week because it's midterm season!









No comments:
Post a Comment