Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ten Years Later

It's amazing how much and how little can change in ten years. A decade ago, I was in the midst of my first winter guard season with 16 other girls. Yes, this is the same show I posted bragged about a few weeks ago and could continue to gush about for some time...which is exactly what I'm going to do.

This past Saturday was the Art of Youth Show that Pope puts on every year and Alexa, being nearly as sentimental as I am, decided it would be fun to do a 10 year Serenade Reunion. Although a few other girls are spread out here and there across the country, a surprising amount of us still live in or near Atlanta. Ten out of the 17 girls from that season came--not to mention 3 sets of parents that joined us too! We critiqued watched the other guards that performed and stayed until the end to see our alma mater perform (they looked beautiful btdubs...loved their show!)

Afterwards, we stayed around to take pictures in our two favorite places--the gym and the band room! ha! But seriously, it felt weird to be back at our old stomping ground sans spandex and sock buns.
Just like old times...no body knew which camera to look at. Typical.
This was right before we broke out some of the old show moves. Seriously though.  That's muscle memory at it's best!
Pope Girls Now and Then! :)
Afterwards, the group of us went to Marlow's Tavern so we could catch up. I think I laughed the whole time I was there!! Shout out to Marlow's for not kicking us out...even though we were there until 1:30 AM and were the last customers to leave. The time went by so quickly and that night has easily been the highlight of my semester thus far. It was so so wonderful to hear what everyone else is doing, and has been doing since 2002. The best part of it all was to see how little had changed once we were all together and to realize that we all share something so strong that no one else shares with us.

PS-It was so funny to reminisce over some of the details that I forgotten (maybe blocked out?) about that season that seemed too ridiculous not to laugh at now. Those who have ever heard a few Adam-isms understands :)

No comments: