Thursday, September 27, 2012

Game Day Necessities

Being from the South, I'm sure most of you are no strangers to the past time of tailgating. But in the SEC, especially in Athens, we take it to a whole new level. Saturday mornings, you wake up to a sea of red and black in the classic city. Motor homes next to tents with generators powering TVs to watch football all day long. Tables filled with a wide spread of game day goods: hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, dips, cookies, the works. 
Although I am not a proud owner of a generator or even a game day tent to pitch. Fortunately, I have friends that have a lot of the basics so all I need to bring are a few things this Saturday....

Cups for holding the necessities, like mimosas
A koozie, for obvious reasons

 Pepperoni Pizza Puffs; the easy to make hit I made a few weeks ago to watch the kick off game of the season!
 Puppy Chow; who doesn't love a handful (or 8) of puppy chow?! YUM.
And of course a Georgia cooler to tote all of these goodies across campus to the Myer's Quad!
I cannot wait to be in the Classic City, sipping on mimosas, snacking on treats, and with friends decked out in our red and black! 

No comments: