Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Game Day Adventures

This past Saturday I made the hour and a half long trek to Athens...okay maybe not quite a trek, but a drive to Athens for the Georgia vs. Tennessee game! I set my alarm earlier than I do for my opening shift at Anthro and got ready for the game. If that's not dedication, I don't know what is. In all honesty, I probably put more time and effort into getting ready for game day than I do for a date (whenever the last one of those was that I went on...).

I packed up my coolers with pumpkin cream cheese muffins, pepperoni pizza bites, mimosa ingredients, koozies, and of course some Bud Lights. I made sure I had my rain jacket. I was wearing my red and black. And I was on the road.

Brittany and Ross were the first to get there to claim our spots in Myers and Chandler was only a few spots over from us with her New York friends when I arrived! It was so good to catch up with Brittany, Chandler, and so many others that stopped by the tailgate! And it wasn't too long before Kathleen and Avery came to join the tailgate too.
 Me and two of my college roomies :)
A) We're twins. Naturally.
B) How do I always forget how much taller I am than Kathleen?  
 Kathleen's younger sister Mary Ellen (can you tell by the height difference?) and my fellow West Georgia grad student--so good to see you!!
 Sobba came to visit! Hopefully I can see her more than once every couple of years...
With my always faithful seat buddy at the end of the game!
With all the stress that came with the game, it was a relief to see the jumbo-tron light up with this at the end of the game! Whew. Let's hope I don't have to deal with many more games like that this season, but really, when the "Dawgs Win!!" slogan flashes across the screen and our victory bell rings, I guess it's all worth it in the end, right? Well, hopefully I won't incur an ulcer by the end of this season, but staying at #5 isn't too bad of a feeling! 

Now about the South Carolina game...Hopefully we can pull out a win for #5 vs. #6...Stress. 

No comments: