So I normally do this post before the actual wedding day and I started this post at least 4-5 times last week, but time got away from me and it just never happened. But it is happening now!
So I've known Mary since high school. I couldn't tell you the day or time that I met Mary (which is a creepy gift that I typically have for specific memories like that), but all I know is that before I knew it, we were apart of FB #2 and apart of each other's lives forever.
We both went to UGA, but lost touch over the years...different schedules, different friend groups, you get the gist. We had a little reunion in 2010 over Thanksgiving with a group of our high school friends, FB included of course, and were reconnected at long last! That was the first time I met Dan. He and Mary met on October 20th in 2006 at a Halloween Party while she was at Georgia and he was getting his PhD at Tech. Dan got his undergrad at Florida, but other than being 0 for 2 for school choices, Mary thought he was pretty alright.In early 2011, Dan proposed to Mary while they were traveling in London! We got the overjoyed text from Mary while she was traveling. Before long, FB started getting together to catch up and celebrate Mary's upcoming wedding! Mary wanted plenty of time to plan, lose some weight, (holy COW she looks awesome now!!) and figure out work/living situations for she and her fiance :)
Over the next year and a half, I got to hear so much more about Mary and Dan's relationship and how much they meant to Mary, but even better, I got to know Dan when we went to Vegas!! He was such a great sport to put up with all of the girly talk and picture taking!
Even though Dan was in Portland, there have been a couple of weekends he's made it in town, St. Patrick's Day was probably my favorite.
I have loved being in Marietta and so close to Mary so she and I could spend some intentional time together as friends. The way our friendship has grown one on one and our FB friendship has meant so so much to me, especially to share honestly as the wedding quickly approached.
Getting to help plan and celebrate Mary's Bachelorette party has been another gem in our friendship/wedding approaching celebrations of course!







No comments:
Post a Comment