Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pease's Pinwheels

Pease's Pinwheels (you like my alliteration?) were hands down the favorite snack of the pre-wedding brunch! And super easy to make!

1. Roll out 2 packages of crescent rolls so that 2 triangles make one rectangle. Yields 4 rectangles per package. 

2. Brush lightly with mustard. 
3. I used the prepackaged ham (about a package and a half of whatever was on sale that week). Some rectangles had 2 pieces, others had 3...whatever worked!
 4. I totally forgot to take a picture of this step, but generously sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese over each. I used all of the biggest bag I could buy....who would ever not want more cheese?? No one, that's who. 

5. Roll up! Put the rolls in the fridge for 15-20 minutes so it's easier to slice them up. 
5. Slice each roll into 5 pinwheels and lay out on a cookie sheet. 
6. Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes. It's pretty each to tell when they're done by the crescent rolls being a golden brown and the melty cheese. 
Each crescent roll package yields 20 pinwheels, but I'm glad I doubled the recipe because there wasn't a single one left at the end of the brunch! 
 I let them cool and put them into a tupperware container for the night. My mom heated them up just before Bonnie came so they would be warm and toasty. :) I'm already looking for another reason to make them because they sound delish right about now.
PS-The credit totally goes to Brittany (Pease) Hughes for this recipe!! But seriously, make these sometime soon because they are super easy and a guaranteed crowd pleaser!

No comments: