I know I've been inconsistent about posting stuff, but I'm still getting back into the swing of things with school. All the same, here's what my weekend entailed! Friday afternoon, Kathryn, my roommate and best friend (don't worry Kasey, you're my best friend too :), loaded up my little Honda with me to go back to Marietta. We left early afternoon to avoid traffic, but mainly to get in some shopping time at the mall. haha After we made our way through the mall, we headed home to see mom and dad. We were treated to my favorite restaurant, Cherokee Cattle Company!! Just one steak was 16 ounces (!!!), so Kathryn and I split one which was still more than enough! I talked my parents into splitting a dessert so we dug into a yummy turtle cheesecake to finish off the meal. After dinner, my parents and Kathryn and I headed home to play with Kathryn's Wii for a few hours!! haha I think my parents are addicted...Saturday morning, my dad woke me and Kathryn up around 7:00 so we could bundle up to run my church's annual 5K race. The money is raised to support our high school ministry and it's become a tradition for my dad and I to participate. I don't know how many 5K's I've done, but this was Kathryn's second one so it really exciting for her to run it with us! We ran most of the race, even with my bad knee and hip and the rain!! I know, we're hard core...
We eventually got cleaned up, did some more shopping and came back home to watch some movies and have a delicious home cooked meal. We decided to watch Wall-E on Saturday night...wouldn't recommend it though, once was enough to see it.After church and lunch on Sunday, Kathryn and I packed up and came back to Athens. It was a great weekend being at home and spending time with Kathryn and my parents. I am so grateful to have parents that I LOVE to spend time with and love having friends over to enjoy their company too. And now back to the routine week...but I will try my best to post some more this week! I'll be babysitting Charlotte tomorrow, so I'll be sure to take some pictures of my precious niece.
2 comments:
What a cutie-pa-tootie!!!! She's adorable.. you just wanna pinch those little cheeks! :)
Glad you caught me at my best. Oh. And Comment.
Post a Comment