Since it was so frigid on Friday (around 10 degrees--brrrr), I didn't quite make it to my Friday class. This all worked out for the best because then I got to pack up and get on the road towards Chattanooga!! (Stopping at home in Marietta for a free lunch of course...) Kasey and I had perfect timing and made it up the mountain around the same time. We (Kasey, Alex Walker, and myself) spent sometime catching up before going to the Harwoods with Forrest to have some delicious lasagna for dinner and homemade apple pie for dessert. It was such a blessing to spend time with the Walkers and the Harwoods--the food was great and the company was even greater. :) The 3 of us girls stayed up and chatted for a couple of hours before heading to bed. And then we woke up to a yummy, homecooked breakfast thanks to Mrs. Walker. I'm grateful for the friendship that I have gained from having Alex as my co in 2007 and so glad that Kasey and I got to spend lots of time with Alex.
After leaving the Walkers, Kasey and I had lunch at McAlister's with Emma McCallie. Emma was one of Kasey's campers from her first summer at CVP and she recieved the "I'm Third" Award. For those of you that don't know what the "I'm Third" Award is, it is something that the counselors vote on each week for the camper that clearly displays putting God first, others second, and themselves third (hence the name...I'm Third). Emma is one of those really special girls that is soooo mature for her age that you are just in awe of her. It was so great to spend time with her, and I know Kasey was especially excited. Once we caught up and cleaned our plates, Kasey and I got to go and see Jason Lawhorn's new house!!! It will be a fun (and hard!) project and they have made some great progress for having worked on it for less than a week.We decided it was time to let them get some more work done without us under their feet, so Kasey and I headed to the Geyer's house. We meant to only stop by so that Emily could enjoy some time off between her parents leaving and us coming, but we started talking....and you know how girls are--once we start talking, there's no chance of us stopping any time soon! But as
always, spending time with Emily was great. David and Keith were working on the "man room" upstairs, so we heard some banging and clamoring overhead, but they were definitely making progress. After a few hours of chit-chatting, Kasey, Em, and I went over to la casa de Cleland for some hamburgers and all of the sides to go with it....and more snickerdoodles than we'd care to mention. haha! After stopping by Petsmart to get some last minute stuff for Harley's arrival, we headed back to the Geyer's to sit outside until David came home with the key....so we took pictures to pass the time!! We had to try really hard to fit all 4 of us in the picture and I thought this one was pretty silly :) When we made it inside to the heat (and the fireplace) we got our first experience of Settler's of Catan---LOVED IT!!! Even with my bad luck, I enjoyed the game...and Anna's commentary. ("This game is just like soccer")David made some pancakes for the crew before going to Calvary
Chapel that morning. Kasey and I decided that we needed some pictures to document our visit together while we were all dressed up for church. After lunch, Kasey, Todd, and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for some lunch....and watching the UGA vs. UK basketball game that was talked about the majority of the time we were lunching. (I could have cared less, so I stared off into space for quite some time haha) I got to see Harley just for a bit (I regret not taking a picture of him---SOOOO PRECIOUS!!) before meeting Kirby for Starbuck's!! :) She was in Marietta for the weekend because Daniel had to work a lot so she got to stop in Chattanooga for some sister time!! :) I love my sister so much and was so
grateful for the quick hour we got together.I went back to Marietta on Sunday night, and as always, I loved the quiet evening at home with mom and dad. Today was especially a treat because after a year and a half of being so close, Becca Hart and I finally had the chance to spend time together!! We met in the middle to have some Applebee's and ended up staying there talking for 3 1/2 hours!!! Obviously, the conversation was great and I am really looking forward to a chance spend more time with her sometime in the near future. And right now, my roomies and I had dinner with Elizabeth Cox, who used to live with Kathryn and I sophomore year in the house. What a great way to finish off a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

I know that this blog was super long, but I didn't feel like I could leave anything out because this weekend was just too wonderful! I am so grateful for another chance to spend the weekend in Chattanooga, especially with my best friend Kasey! I am so blessed to have the friends that I do in Chattanooga and loved the time that I get to spend with all of you!!
4 comments:
so stinkin fun! love the pictures :) and you! come back soon!
It was SO good to see you friend! I love you :-)
I'm so thankful that we were able to spend the weekend together :) I love you and can't wait to hopefully see you in February!
it WAS just like soccer!!! hahaha lovvvee youuu and that fun car picture. HA! great memories :)
Post a Comment