I feel that now that I'm back at school, I should have interesting topics to write about on my blog....but I just don't! For the week that I've been back in Athens and my last semester is officially underway, I can tell that it's going to be a great last semester. This past weekend, I was so blessed to go on a Crossroads Leadership Retreat. The one night away was a great way to set my mind and heart for God on His mission for me this semester. The fellowship with the small group of 50 that were there was something that made an impact on my heart, but what stuck out to me the most were the Thoms. The Thom family opened up their beautiful, three story lake house to 50+ loud, rambunctious college kids and even cooked us breakfast and dinner!!
Vicky Thom said something to welcome us that really made an impact on me; she said "Do whatever you want to this house--this is God's house. My husband and I built this house for students to come and love the Lord, and if things break, oh well, we'll buy another one. It's just stuff." Wow, it's just stuff?! I think if I need to remind myself to think like that, that whatever I have here on this earth is GOD'S, not mine, but HIS. What a great reminder that was for me. It can be so easy to get caught up in the "stuff" and to become envious of what others have or prideful of what I do have. In 1 Thessalonians 2:4, it says "We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts." What a wonderful reminder that we ought to strive for God's perfect will, not the unsteady, selfish things that we think that others want us to own or be proud of, but to be proud of the God that we love and what he has blessed us with.
"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." --1 Corinthians 1:31 Not in the stuff...but HIM. :)
2 comments:
True dat homie ;) I love you and can't wait to see you soon!! really, I CAN'T wait!
Ah, SUCH a good reminder!! I needed to hear this. Thanks girl. Keep writing, I LOVE reading ;)
Post a Comment