Weekends are something I often look forward to, but this weekend was not anything too eventful. Friday night was a quiet evening at the Liner's with a home cooked meal and an early bedtime.
Saturday was productive part of my weekend. Since the Liner's have their house for sale, Mrs. Liner was expecting for it to be shown on Saturday afternoon--meaning, I had to find something to do outside of the house...So, I went shopping (two cute new scarves from Target...and yes, I have an obsession with scarves. Admitting is the first step, right?) before I hit the books, well, one book; my oh-so-wonderful GRE study book. Panera on 153 was super crowded and I was grumpy, so I didn't feel like dealing with the crowds while I studied and ate my lunch so I made the trip downtown. I enjoyed a warm lunch while I brushed up on my math skills, packed up and moved to Starbuck's for a change of scenery. Total, I dedicated about 4 or so hours into studying on Saturday, so I felt pretty accomplished.
I packed up and headed to Buffalo Wild Wings to meet Erin for dinner. I really enjoy spending time with this girl and loved sitting over our long dinner and ice cream--we were fully aware that it was below freezing on Saturday, but it sounded like a good idea at the time...and it was totally worth it!
Sunday morning was spent worshiping at First Pres followed by a day full of Taylor Huddleston! We laid in her bed for a while to keep warm and catch up before braving the cold for some lunch and shopping. I bought a webcam this time (read previous post about Skype!! Woohoo!) and we spent the rest of the night setting up our Skype accounts and catching up with friends...I've already skyped with Kirby in Atlanta, Kasey in Kentucky, and Chandler in CHINA!!! Oh yeah, and Taylor when we skyped her boyfriend John and my co, Clay Huffaker since they are in Birmingham and then we skyped later so I could check and see if she had cleaned her room! ha
All in all, a productive weekend just not too much to shout from the rooftops about, but I think I need a reminder to enjoy rest and productivity sometimes.
1 comment:
Haha! I love that you used it to check if she had cleaned her room!! That is priceless. It sounds like something I would need someone to check on ME about! :)
Post a Comment