Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fellowship = Food

Has anyone else ever noticed that whenever you talk to a friend about hanging out, catching up, meeting over something for work, etc., that it is 9 times out of 10 it is planned around food. You name it; coffee, dessert, lunch, dinner, even breakfast, just as long as it's food.

This has been a trend for quite some time, but I have noticed it in particular this week. I just ate the 4th meal this week (not even counting Sunday and Wednesday night dinners from the church) that church has paid for because I have met with someone about church stuff over food. Fortunately, the church realizes that fellowship apparently requires food, so they foot the bill.

Sunday: Intern lunch catered by Sticky Fingers (plus Sunday night dinner with the youth group)
Monday: Mojo with Carolann and Baxley to meet with some of our students at CCS
Tuesday: Staff meeting at Joe Friday's over breakfast (and of course dinner with Daddy at Zaxby's)
Wednesday: I choose not to eat BBQ...it just didn't look all that appetizing, so I went to Yellow Deli....yummy, even if the restaurant is run by a cult.
Thursday: Intern lunch meeting with Jerry, with Cara and Taylor too, at Southern Star

Not to mention that tonight is the Harwood's regular Thursday night dinners and then camp is providing my food for me all weekend. :) But really, I've had some great conversations and some delicious meals this week for the sake of fellowship and a happy belly.

Oh, and just to call myself out; I had apple pie with ice cream for dessert at lunch, I am going to Scoops for Wishes at Cold Stone to support Chi O's philanthropy in a few hours, and will almost certainly have a dessert that Heather's made later tonight. I love dessert, well, like a fat kid loves cake. Hm...

No comments: