Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fiesta Fun! Ole!

I love being unemployed. Well, not really the fact that I'm not making money but that will all change in the next week. But here's really why I love being unemployed: never-ending weekends.

I drove back up to Chattanooga on Thursday just in time to make it to Thursday night dinner at the Harwood's. It's been nearly a month since we have had our regular dinners because of spring breaks and such, but I am glad that they're back on track! Right after dinner, I went over to Lynn Jones' (camp nurse for those camp people that know her) to hang out with her. I just love her. She is a nut.

Friday afternoon, Taylor and I drove up to camp for a one night retreat. It felt like we were there for a blink of an eye because the retreat was only for dinner and breakfast. Tay and I stayed a while after we could have left, laying in the bed in the duplex just talking about life. :) It was nice to just enjoy a Saturday at camp with beautiful weather and good conversation.

Saturday night was the highlight of my weekend. Matt and Drexel had a wedding shower/fiesta at the Dowlen's house on Signal Mountain. A lot of friends from camp were in town and even if we didn't get to catch up much, it was nice to just be around them and know we were together.


After the shower, Taylor, Cara, Johnathan Buntin, Ellen Huffaker, Hannah Venable, Andy Arick and myself went to hang out (in the cold) on the Brow. For those of you that don't know what the Brow is, then it's worth the trip to Chattanooga to see that view. There are several points on Signal Mountain that look out over the city and it is beautiful. If you couldn't tell, we were a little cold, but it was worth it for the company and the view. :)


Sunday was church, an intern luncheon with catered Sticky Fingers (yum...even better that it was free!), a nap, skyping with my sister and here little one now that they're at home, and more youth group church stuff tonight.

I am so excited about starting my internship with the youth this week and will hopefully have more to tell you about once we get things started! I will do better with pictures and will hopefully get to see lots of friends this week (and catch up on sleep). I am so so so glad to be back home in Chattanooga.

No comments: