Thursday, April 29, 2010

Worn out but worth it

This week has been a whirlwind of activity for sure--and I have loved every second of it!! After my super crazy busy weekend, there was no rest for the weary and it was back to work on Monday (well, technically I worked on Sunday, but it hardly feels like "work" to me).

I went to CCS' lunch on Monday to visit some of my girls during their lunch. There is a big difference the middle school girls and the high schoolers. Middle school: run up to me to greet me with a hug, fight over time with me, and insist that I come back to eat lunch with them every day for the rest of the week. High School: I find them in their groups of friends, they stay sitting and say hi to me, it's up to me to initiate the conversation. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my girls, but there is a big difference in age when it comes to initiating conversations. Monday night was bible study with Lisa Franklin and I cannot say enough how much I love her, her heart for God, and sincerity in sharing with us.
Tuesday was spent in meetings and doing office work, but I left the church earlier than normal to meet some of my middle schoolers to see The Last Song and eat Lupi's for dinner. We had the theater all to ourselves so we could feel free to laugh, talk, and cry during the movie without worrying about annoying anyone else-- not that a group of middle school girls would do that! :)

Wednesdays are always fast paced at the church, but yesterday just flew by! I went to the all girls school in Chattanooga (Girls Preparatory School; GPS for short) for their big "May Day" celebration. I had it explained to me, but I don't think any explanation could do justice for how big of a deal this thing is.
The seniors get presented and wear "bridesmaid" style dresses
and the "May Queen" is presented (she is voted on by her classmates)
then the younger girls do different dances in the field
before the big finale of dancing around the May Pole.

I took a TON of pictures after the ceremonies with old campers, current students, and great friends too.
I have a ton more pictures, but I think I'll cut myself off from uploading all of them on here! You can just look at the rest on facebook! After May Day (something I definitely plan on attending next year again!) it was off to church. I taught the middle school lesson last night on "As the Deer" and Psalm 63--what a great reminder of how much we need our Savior.

Today is my day off and boy, did I need a day to sleep in! But enough of this sitting at the computer stuff--I have a day to go enjoy!

No comments: