After work on Friday at the church, I treked up to Bowling Green, just in time to make it to Kasey's work shower. The girls there were hilarious and it's so fun to finally be able to put names with faces when Kasey talks about her days at work. She got so many wonderful gifts too! I was definitely jealous of several of them!
Saturday morning was slower paced--something that I needed after a busy week! Kasey and I ran some errands before picking up our lunch and headed out to JR's (and soon to be her) new house. She showed me all of her hard work that she's put into the place and it definitely has the "Kasey touch"! The rest of the afternoon was spent getting ready for her Bachelorette/lingerie shower that I hosted for her that night. I made some yummy lasagna (I will have to post the recipe up here later to share), fruit salsa (recipe thanks to Lauren Warren--it was a big hit!), Caesar salad, bread, and served it all with some wine. I was so stuffed!!
We played some games and laughed a lot! I really had a fun time, but to be honest, I'm glad that all of the long distance planning for it is over with...This is the only article of clothing I think is appropriate to post on my blog!

I woke at 5 am Kentucky time so I could drive back to Chattanooga and make it to Sunday school on time. I got pulled over, but I think I'll be able to figure it out and have the ticket taken off....but seriously, no more speeding for this girl!!! I made it back to church in time for Taylor's "goodbye" with donuts and a card and that was just the start of my looong day! I went to lunch at River Street Deli with friends, picked up Deb and David's shower gift and made it over there right on time! I wish I had taken a picture with all of my sweet camp friends that were there that I hardly see enough, but I think I was too tired to think straight...but I did get 2 whole pictures of the couple opening up their gifts!
I made it back to my apartment to squeeze in about 10 minutes to lay down...which turned out to be just long enough to make me not want to get up! I forced myself out of bed and made it to church. Once I'm around my girls though, I get some unknown source of energy--which I was definitely grateful for! Sunday nights are always a ton of fun and I am loving getting to know my students better with every week!!
Something that the church is doing the last Sunday of each month this summer are ice cream socials hosted by the youth...which means, the already scooped ice cream is laid out and the kids put chocolate or caramel sauce on top. Easy enough. Whoever thought of already having the ice creamed scooped into bowls is one smart cookie. It was fun to social with some of my old Kids Church kids, my students now, and the parents/mentors in my life of the church.

By the time we finished up, I was pooped!! I was in bed by 11 last night, but probably could have fallen asleep at 9:00 if I had had the energy to get out of bed to get ready for bed...But now it's the start of another week! This week is going to be busy and this next weekend will probably be just as insanely busy as the last (without all of the driving this time around!) Hopefully I'll keep up with my streak of picture taking, but we'll have to see about that one as the week progresses.
1 comment:
Seriously. After 2 tickets in less than 6 months (and many, many threats of being kicked off the parental's insurance), I have slowed down as well. But I still get panicked when ever I drive by a cop.
Post a Comment