Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm an aunt X 2!

These last few days have been a whirlwind of wonderful. After my busy weekend, I stayed busy after coming back to Marietta...

Monday morning, I went to have breakfast with my wonderful friend Nicole. She and I went to high school together, but never actually met until college through Campus Crusade because we were in the same small group. Nicolie got married last January and we have tried our best to stay in touch with our busy lives.

Obviously, this picture was not from Monday morning...

Kirby and I had made plans for lunch on Tuesday afternoon to help her pass the time while she was waiting to go into labor. But those plans were changed when she called while she was on her way to the doctor. They were concerned because she had lost 2 lbs. since her Monday morning appointment, so they set up for her to check into the hospital later that evening. Daniel's boss is really flexible and let Daniel take off the rest of Tuesday afternoon so he could be with his wife while they got ready. My mom and I stopped by their apartment to pick up this little rascal:
so he would be well cared for before his world would be turned upside down.

Kirby checked into the hospital on Tuesday night and got some medicine to help her speed up her labor process. I'll let her tell you her whole experience because that's something 1. that she experienced, not me. and 2. I don't want to spoil her story because it's her story to tell. So her blog readers that read my blog too while just have to wait. :)

While Kirby was checking into the hospital, I was enjoying dinner with Susanna Reser!! It was so fun to catch up with Sus--it had been really really long since we've been able to catch up! Then, we picked up Anna Cleland to go see The Last Song at a very tacky, neon light lite movie theater...once we overlooked the exterior, we were thrilled to find out that we were the only people in our theater!!!
The movie was really good, once I got past the fact Miley Cyrus was not about to put on her blonde wig and tell us that she was really Hannah Montana too.

Anna spent the night after the movie and woke me up on Wednesday morning to tell me that we had a niece!! After we got dressed and ready, walked the little rascals around the block, and collected our cameras for lots of documenting, we were out the door to meet Miss Felicity. We stopped by Chickfila too because the new parents were super hungry!!!

Wednesday and Thursday were filled with lots of visiting the newest family members and taking pictures!Felicity and Mom are both doing well and all are coming home later today. Kirby and Daniel are so excited, so tired, and make one very beautiful little baby if you ask me. I love my newest niece so so much, it just makes my heart hurt.

No comments: