This past weekend's was one of the most fun weekends I've had in Chattanooga in a while! My dear and long time friend Annie Chambers drove up from Marietta to spend the weekend with me! A little background on Annie: She is a year younger than me in school (but almost 2 years younger, which is just crazy to think about!). We both went to Pope and did fall and winter guard together, and she followed me to UGA :) and joined AOPi. She came alongside me for my second year and we were guard instructors for Elberton Co. (my brother in law's marching band) during the fall of my sophomore year. Annie and I met together weekly and read through the Old Testament together that Spring semester too. We tried our best to catch up over coffee or dinner whenever our busy schedules would allow--whether it was in Athens or Marietta! So when people ask me how I know her, I tell her through pretty much every part of my life during the last 10 years except for CVP!
I wanted to show Annie the best that Chattanooga had to offer because the only connection she had to the Scenic City was SCGC Championships--aka practicing in gyms, staying in hotels, and performing at the McKenzie Arena. We went to the Terminal and walked around the Chattanooga Choo Choo before I took her up Signal so she could get a view of the city from the Brow.

We reminisced over old guard tapes (and had quite a few laughs) on Friday night and slept in on Saturday! I took her to Rembrandt's for breakfast, shopping on Frazier, and even caught a glimpse of Lauren Alaina...who apparently is one of the top 3 competitors for American Idol this season (who knew?!)!

Annie and I needed for rest our feet so we got a snack at GreenLife and pampered ourselves to mani/pedis. :) We were still exhausted, so we squeezed in a nap before meeting Kelly for dinner at Tony's followed by drinks at Big River.
Annie met me at church on Sunday morning--I was so glad she got to hear Robert preach too since he's such a big part of my life in Chattanooga (since I work with him and all). I invited Sophia to join us for lunch and of course, S and I suggested River Street Deli; our regular Sunday afternoon spot.


All in all, it was a reminiscent, touristy, refreshing, fun, girly, and perfect weekend! I couldn't stop saying how grateful I was that logistics and timing all fell into place for a weekend with my precious friend Annie and I to spend quality time together!
2 comments:
This was so touching to read! I am extremely blessed to have you in my life. Chattanooga is beautful and so are the people that live there. Can't wait to hang out again and make future trips :-)
Love you!
Elberton County? LOL! I think you mean ELBERT county. :)
Post a Comment