Friday, August 26, 2011

All My Bags are Packed, I'm Ready to Go

Welp. Here I am again, doing what I should do best: packing up and moving. Seriously if you count moving in and out of the dorms/sorority house, and apartments, plus "squatting" at the Liners, Taylor's and the Harwoods, plus summers at camp in Chattanooga, this is my 27th time moving since I was 18. Oh my Heavens, that was the first time I've really counted and that is just too much to fathom. This time has probably been the worst just because I have lived here for a full year and that's something I haven't done since high school! Plus, add in the furniture and that's a whole other level of stress. Luckily, Alex and Forrest let me borrow their couch and bed (mattress, bed, everything!) and they're even letting me store my other junk in their basement until I have a home of my own again! What a HUGE blessing! But after hours of packing this week, mostly today, I am almost all the way moved out and the apartment feels so empty right now! Here's just a bit of the progress from today--just to remind myself later on that I have WAY too much junk...that I refuse to get rid of...
Erin had to pack up my shoes for me because I tried to throw them all into that black trunk, they wouldn't fit, I got stressed and so she just took over for me--thank goodness! And yes, I know I have not enough way too many shoes (and that's not all of them...)
And now here's the almost "after" shots...so so empty and disorganized right now! Stressful for a Type A personality like myself.




I will be splitting my time between Chattanooga and Marietta the next few weeks, mostly just dependent on my weekend plans...but it would be nice to have a job so I could move all of this junk into another home! Until then, I will just take advantage of all of the wonderful friends and family that have opened their homes to me :) Such a huge blessing to have so many people in my life that are so hospitable and willing to put up with me (and all of my junk!)

No comments: