Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Loooong Weekend

A definite perk of unemployment is getting to take a long weekend. It's nice to just enjoy time with friends and family, catch up on sleep, and especially have time to pack up my apartment. Side note: It is amazing how much it takes to pack up a tiny apartment. I have way too much stuff, but couldn't think of not having it so getting rid of it is not at option-oy!Okay, back to the point-my wonderfully long weekend in Marietta. I'll stick with bullet points and highlights for the sake of the sanity of those reading this because we all know I have a tendency to ramble and let's be honest, rambling + long weekend = super long blog post that 80% of you wouldn't make it through.

Thursday: Babysitting Felicity--Loved it as always, especially now that she is learning new words every week and figuring things out on her own!



Friday: Lunch with Kirby and Kathryn Neidhardt--So fun that Kirby and Kathryn grew up together and that after Kathryn prefed me, I went Alpha Gam and now we're sisters!

Friday night, I had a Girls Night Out with Bonnie and Alexa! Alexa had the intentions of man hunting for me and Bonnie, but luckily Bonster and I were able to restrain her and it ended up being a fun GNO sans "man hunt" (thank goodness)


Saturday morning consisted of Einstein Bros. Bagels, Bonnie talking teacher stuff with my mom, and painting coffee filters on the kitchen floor with Charlotte, G-Paw, and Katie. My dad and I made time to the driving range for a Daddy-Daughter date and the rest of the day was spent with family. I always need the reminder to not overbook my schedule when I'm in Marietta so I can actually see my family.

Sunday was church at my parent's church--they even sacrificed going to the contemporary service so Katie and I could feel more at home with the organ and choir! and then lunch at Panera. Next was Nicolie's Baby Shower! I wish I had a picture of all the UGA girls that were there, but it was so fun to catch up with Crossroads friends :)
Monday was pretty lazy--playing with Charlotte, watching TV just because I could, and randomly going to Katie's guard practice to help out the rifles a bit. Random, but a nice little pat on the back to know that if all else fails, I could just be a guard instructor because that's something I know in and out. I caught up with Annie before she moves to MAINE tomorrow!!! And lots of phone calls to catch up with friends :)

My weekend even seeped a little bit into Tuesday, but I eventually packed up my car to come meet Kelly for dinner at Chili's (separation anxiety...we're too used to seeing each other!)

It was so fun to see high school friends this weekend and that I even made time for quality time with family! I might be bouncing back and forth between here and there before too long since this is my last full week at my apartment! More on that later...and like I said earlier: Oy!!

No comments: