I figure that if I'm going to be unemployed, then I might as well spend my free time getting in shape--and it definitely helps to give me some semblance of a schedule which I definitely need! I have a bad knee (and ankles and hips...basically I'm falling apart in my mid-20s) so running isn't always an option. I like to run when I've gotten back in the swing of it, but especially if it's really hot or really cold my knee will swell and become really sensitive.
If I wake up early enough I can avoid the heat, but let's be honest; it's so much easier to hit the snooze button than get out of bed to go for a morning run and it is WAY to hot in the afternoons to do anything outside besides sit with a glass of sweet tea. But I've found these great YouTube videos that I've used in combination with my running or as a replacement for the days I can't run. Go to YouTube and search "Pop Pilates" and dozens of videos will show up! She does everything from 10 minutes ab clips to 30+ minutes cardio videos. Pilates is gentle on my joints but I've definitely felt like I've gotten a great work out when it's all said and done. So if you're looking to change up your work out or just want to avoid the heat, try these videos, I've really loved the couple that I've done!
No comments:
Post a Comment