Monday, August 8, 2011

Because I can't not do it...

I realize that I don't always have to give a play by play of every weekend or social event that I do, but even when I try not to I always end up feeling like my blogging is incomplete when I don't! So here it is; weekend recap per usual.

On the whole this weekend was uneventful in a wonderful, lazy kind of way. The highlight of Friday was Carolann's 25th Birthday Party! Mostly birthdays these days just involve a dinner with friends or hanging out at their house, which is always great; Carolann's friends went all out for the big 2-5 though! It was cocktail attire with yummy food, drinks, and dancing! So fun! It felt like a wedding reception because that's usually the only reason I get to get dressed up like that. It was so fun!

Saturday was productive without having to leave the house: I slept in, finished a book, watched TV (which I never do so I consider that productive), and job hunted like CRAZY, seriously for hours, it's like an addiction. Turns out that it takes forever to apply to jobs these days because you can't just submit your cover letter and resume...you have to do all of that on top of filling out questions, your work history, and random other things. Not a small task in the least! But I applied to a couple of places and got ready for dinner with Liz Morton. Liz worked at camp with me in 2007 and we have kept in touch ever since. It helps that she was a Tri Delt at Georgia who grew up in Chattanooga, so we had a lot of common ground! She is getting married in just over 2 months and it was so fun to hear about all of her wedding plans and the life that she and Alan are planning together!

Sunday was my last official Sunday as the middle school youth leader. It was bittersweet, but I decided against any kind of announcement because that's usually when I get emotional so no tears were shed. Thankfully it was the all church day at CVP! So after church, I headed up to my favorite place and spent the afternoon with friends on the lake! Molly came over afterwards and we spent the evening drinking wine on the front porch of the Franklins house. I love simple things like that. And now back to work. I'll elaborate more on this later, but it's harder and harder to focus at work when I don't feel like I have too terribly much left to do as my time is winding down...

No comments: