Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

To be completely honest, I have LOVED not having a schedule or responsibilities (read: I have loved being unemployed). I selfishly have stayed up late watching movies, slept in way later than I normally would, read books for fun, and wasted hours on Pinterest. What I have enjoyed most is the fact that I can be a good daughter, sister, and friend to the friends and family in my life. Even these last few weeks, I have gotten so much quality time with Katie, Kirby, Felicity, Charlotte, my parents, high school friends, and Chattanooga friends alike :) Seriously a huge blessing...Definitely a silver lining during this time of unknown and transition.

Now that the move is over and done with (PTL!), I can refocus my thoughts to job hunting/life decisions.

The idea of going back to school has always been in the back of my mind, more specifically going back to school for either Marriage and Family Therapy or to get my Child Life Specialist Certification. The only problem is that both of those programs are offered at certain schools and with going back to school, I would plan on living at my parents' house to balance out some of the costs. And since my parents' house is a permanent fixture and so are these schools, it just might not match up. If I went back to school, I would plan on nannying unless I found another part time job that was flexible-ish and paid decently. Who would of thought I'd have to go through all of the schooling stress again? Not me, that's for sure, but I know it would be so worth it...and as nerdy as it sounds, I do love learning.

But then there's the other side of the coin; do I hold out for a full time salary job? I've been looking both in Atlanta and Marietta like I've shared with y'all before but I still don't know what I want to do and it's overwhelming and daunting to look at job websites day in and day out. Most jobs that sound appealing are the ones that require more schooling. Or do I just settle for an admin job (gag meeeee) or go back to the Riboon place (money is money...) or just look at nannying jobs. Which goes back to the question of where-Atlanta or Chattanooga? Oy...

Sorry this blog post has zero resolve and is complete and utter rambling...but like I've had to remind myself about before, this blog is for me to remember the ups and downs of my life and also something to share those ups and downs with all of you.

Some may say it's a flaw, but a quality about myself is that I don't know how to be private about 90% of the things that go on in my life...I'll keep other's lives private, but when it comes to me and what I'm thinking--I'm an open book. So I guess reading rambling rampages just comes with reading my blog posts :) Thanks for hanging in there with me.

No comments: