Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pinterest Eateries

Monday night after dinner I was cravvvving something sweet and whatever we had at the house wasn't cutting it. Ice cream? Nope. Dry cereal? No thanks. Any 100 calorie snack sweet? I'll pass. I wanted something baked and delicious but didn't want to make a whole batch of cupcakes or cookies. I had to settle for a Special K bar and hope to remedy my sweet fix after a trip to the grocery store the next day.

I searched Pinterest for something I had been wanting to try for a while/had seen lots of people pinning. I'm not a huge chocolate person, so something with either fruit or cinnamon-sugar sounded like it would hit the spot. Sopapilla Cheesecake won the battle, although it was a close call.

I decided the kitchen was calling my name after I poured my 2nd glass of wine. What's classier than cooking with a glass of wine in hand? Well, probably a lot of things but it sounded great at the time.

I tried to half the recipe but a few of my halving skills were not in tip top shade so although I only used one can of crescent rolls and 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 2 packages, I still used 1 cup of sugar as opposed to half a cup and 4 oz of melted butter rather than 2. Oops?

Outcome: Although not nearly as pretty as the website's pic of it...I thought it tasked almost a little bit too sweet (possibly due to the copious amounts of sugar I may be to blame for), but over all pretty yummy! It was super easy and quick to make, so definitely something worth trying again...with more accurate measurements this time around.

Pinterest Picture: 
My Picture:

No comments: