Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Olympics 2012

Y'all, I just absolutely love the Olympics. Every 4 years that it comes around, I fall in love with it even more. I love that the world comes together to watch the same events. But what I love the most is the sense of American pride I feel when I cheer for my teams and knowing that other Americans share that same pride and for once can be cheering for the same teams rather than against each other!

A few highlights from the London 2012 Olympics that I have LOVED!
 Of course at the top of my list is the Fab Five! These are definitely "America's Sweethearts" and there's no question why--gymnastics is absolutely my favorite sport to watch and I got chills seeing their hard earned dreams come true!! Go Team USA! Small complaint: social media ruined my surprise in seeing the outcome! Boo people that watched the games during the day and spoiled it for the rest of us!
 I know this picture isn't from this year's games, but this is how I will always picture Michael Phelps. But seriously, props to him for beasting the swimming world and basically the Olympics! That is a feat to be proud of!
Shout out to UGA!!! Go Allison Schmitt!
Also, can we talk about the SEC dominating the sport of swimming?? Schmitt: UGA, Lochte: Florida (ew), and Soni: Auburn You can't argue that the SEC is far superior when they're in the Olympics!

**Addition: Congrats to Gabby Douglas for winning the Women's All Around Individual Gold last night too!! I just think she is precious--you never see her without a smile!

Go Team USA! Way to represent and I can't wait to see how the rest of the games play out!!

Small complaint (part 2): What is up with this logo? 1980s-esque graffiti is not working for me...What do you think??

No comments: