So this past weekend did not feel like a weekend at all. The only thing that felt "weekend-esque" about it was that my mom, dad, and Lee were all at home when they're normally at work.
After a crazy, busy first week back in classes, I was ready for a few days off from classes and some time to catch up on school work and maybe some sleep. I had work on Friday afternoon and went to Boston Market with my parents and Charlotte while Katie and Lee got to go on a date. The rest of the night was spent reading for classes while my parents watched some CSI, Criminal Minds type show in the background.
I woke up bright and early for Boot Camp with Mary on Saturday. It was at 7 AM to make it feel extra boot campy and man--was it a challenge! I'm so glad I got to go, and I even won a water bottle and sweat towel for holding a wall sit the longest--Go me! That was Saturday morning and now it's Tuesday afternoon, I am still sore. Obviously I got a great work out in/am a little bit out of shape when it comes to strength. I came home with enough time to squeeze in a nap, do some reading for school, and head off to work for a 6 hour shift.
Sunday wasn't much more exciting although I did get some solid family time in since I didn't have work. I went to church at my parents' church, lunch at the classy establishment of Wendy's and headed to visit with Kirby. Kirby and Felicity had both been sick so I think she was excited for a break from being house bound.
This week, although I have school and work mixed in--Annie is in town for these next few weeks so I'm getting to spend some great time with her. I'm learning to balance school, work, health, and social--it's a testament to good time management skills. For example, I am blogging, updating my calendar for the week and watching the Bachelor Pad. How's that for multi-tasking?? haha
No comments:
Post a Comment