Monday, August 20, 2012

Weddings, Reunions and Babies

Matt and Becca's wedding was beautiful and so them! The wedding was on Saturday at 4 pm at on church on Signal. The ceremony was traditional and simple and spoke of the Gospel. The pastor spoke of the importance of a "triangle" of relationships in the marriage between Matt, Becca, and God. So sweet to hear the reminder of what a marriage is meant to be and the bond that is so unique.
Side note: If you are ever an usher at a wedding, I do not recommend seating a girl that comes in solo on a row by herself--like not a soul to turn around and talk to. No joke, I had the whole pew to myself for about 15 minutes. Talk about feeling lonely...

The reception that followed was downtown at the Chattanoogan and the attention to detail, that I knew Becca put so much effort into, was great! Starting with a cocktail hour, it was so fun to get to say hi and catch up with sweet camp friends couples and their little ones before dinner started! The "Bo era" of camp staff had a mini reunion of sorts--but this time with kids in tow! It's even more special since I've gotten to be at David & Emily's wedding, Sarah & Jason's, and Alex & Forrest wedding--and now we all got to be together for Matt and Becca's! Even more sweet that all 4 of these couples have CVP to thank for meeting. 
We had a sit down dinner that was delicious. Since Todd couldn't make it, we decided that they already had his food plated, so we took advantage of having some extra food to share! Jackson ate his roll, Emily had his water, I took the rice, Alex switched meals completely, and Sarah had some of his asparagus! haha You snooze, you lose! 
After we ate our fill, it was time for toasts. Toasts can always be a little hit or miss at weddings, but the Matron of Honor gave a sweet, heartfelt toast and Andy, Matt's brother, gave us a few laughs and brought a tears to everyone in the room's eyes. Speaking of the hardships that Becca and Matt had endured just reminded us how much sweeter their union is. 

Once the couple had been toasted to, it was time to dance and take some pictures! The little ones made it to the dance floor for a few songs before dozing off, shedding a few tears, or having to head home for bedtime! Pictures were a necessity before we said our goodbyes though.
You could tell that Matt and Becca were just loving getting to see friends and family! They were so themselves and truly happy. There was dancing, wining, and spending time as Emily, David, and Crawford's 4th wheel (thanks guys!) for most of the night. Oh and watching a few awesome dance moves from the sidelines...

Becca made a beautiful bride! I had to squat so I wouldn't feel like I was towering over her! haha
I am so glad I got to stay until the couple left! They rode off in a horse drawn carriage--so fun!
 I am so excited that I got to share this occasion with Matt and Becca and spend the evening so so many wonderful camp friends! Even though the reception ended at 10:00, I was pooped! 

PS-One of my favorite touches of the wedding were the favors! At each table setting, there were a bag of gumballs with a note saying: A donation to the "Be the Match Foundation" has been made in your honor. Thank you for your love and support, Matt and Rebecca. For those of you that don't know what Be the Match is, it is a foundation that researches and connects people together that are matches for bone marrow when a patient is in need of a marrow transplant. In other words, the foundation that saved Matt's live, along with thousands of others. What a great, personal, and meaningful gift to give as favors for their wedding guests!

2 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

Yay! We had so much fun hanging out! I wish we had taken a picture or you and your date, Crawford :). He was a slacker though, and snoozing during your date.

SarahKL said...

This was the best recap post!! And I am crazy about that picture of Jack! :) It was great to hang out this weekend!