Sunday, May 8, 2011

Busy Weekends

This past week was a busy one spent with lots of time in the office so I was looking forward to the weekend! Even though I got to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with friends at Taco Mamacita (with an hour and a half wait!), we had already planned celebrating Seis de Mayo since Friday is more practical for a later night. Small plug: If you've never had Skinny Girl Margaritas, you're missing out! So yummy and much lighter on the calories than the usual marg--just an FYI.

So a few friends and I had a low key night with SGM's at the Franklins' house on Friday night. (The Franklin's were at the beach for a long weekend so they asked Kelly and I to housesit while they were away...more on how much I absolutely LOVE the Franklin's later.) No rest for the weary though (small joke) because I had to wake up early Saturday morning! The youth group kids that are going on RYM (a summer conference for the High Schoolers) and New Orleans (missions trip for the Middle School kiddos) had to come for a support letter writing meeting. Basically, we personalized letters, addressed envelopes, and folded and stuffed the letters that are being sent to the whole congregation to ask for financial and prayer support for our trips. Talk about hand cramps! Ouch!

I drove straight from the church to meet up with Alex and head over to Sarah Lawhorn's baby shower! It was hosted by Cara Emrath (my friend from UGA), Emily Geyer (a friend from camp) and another close friend of Sarah's. Although Baby Boy Lawhorn is still without a name, it was so fun to celebrating his coming birth! We decorated onesies, played "Baby Memory", and ooh-ed and aww-ed over baby clothes, burp clothes, and infant bathtubs. When in the world did I become old enough for baby showers and weddings to all be in the same month?! And even weirder is that fact that that's normal!! Crazy....


I had just enough time to stop by the Franklins and change clothes for a night of babysitting the precious Parker children (Eric and Sarah Parker's kiddos for all you camp people out there). We played tag for almost an hour (man! those kids can run fast and well, I cannot), jumped rope (I made an excellent "rope turner"), put on fashion shows and plays, played with my hair for quite some time and even had time to get all 4 of them cleaned up and ready for bed before Eric and Sarah made it home! It's no small wonder that I was worn out when my head hit the pillow last night!
I was a good girl and called my mother after church and lunch with some other "orphaned" girls (in other words, our mothers were all elsewhere and we had no lunch plans with our fam). I am grateful for a night in to catch up on my favorite shows that I missed this week--all thanks to Hulu--blog, and squeeze in a couple of chapters of the last book of the Hunger Games (hm....must blog on these books after I'm finished!) What did you do this weekend? Anything fun for Mother's Day?

2 comments:

SarahKL said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you were able to come this weekend! :) I love the picture of the little tiny shoes! PRECIOUS!! :)

SarahKL said...

Oh, and I LOVE your blog! It looks so cute - the font is so stinkin' adorable!