Friday, November 9, 2012

Flipping Burger

As most of you probably know, I call my middle sister Kirby "Burger". She's in my phone as Burger and talking to her in public has gotten me a weird look or two...or five hundred. Either way, I felt like I needed to give some background on my post title. The "flipping" part comes from when Kirby came to me a month or two ago with a great idea! I had been doing a lot of my Pretending to be Trendy posts and she wanted to be a "project" for a PTBT post--a make over!! She left picking out the hair cut up to me, helping to style her wardrobe a bit (or at least what to pair with what or buying an "essential" item or two to use in the coming season), and teaching her house to do her make up using Bare Minerals, with other touches for day vs. night time make up.

So here is the official BEFORE: 
So I looked, researched, and worried over how to have Kirby's hair cut. I was definitely feeling the pressure! Her hair had been long and lacking shape lately, but I also knew how important quick and easy styling was since she is the mother of a very active 2 year old! She mentioned that she was totally okay with shorter hair as long as it was at least 8 inches off so she could donate her tresses to "Locks for Love". These were my two models I finally settled on--long bob, with thick side swoop bangs.
Now that was most of my prep work was done, it was time to start snipping! Kirby didn't even want me to tell her anything about what we were planning to do, but I think she had an idea that we were going short when we started wrapping up her hair into a pony tail to chop off.
While Mrs. Tammy was snipping, I playing with this little munchkin who had just gotten her hair cut :)
I could not have been more happy with the final haircut! It was fun, fresh, young mom, but but too mom looking...it's a hard balance to find, but she did it! All credit totally goes to Mrs. Tammy on this once, but Kirby really loved it too and that's when I knew I did my job! Kirby is not one to hide her emotions when she doesn't like something (at least between sisters that is...) so I knew that she really did love it!
Next up was make up time! Well, actually next was  lunch and putting Felicity down for a nap, and then the next step was make up. Kirby had recently bought Bare Minerals and wanted someone to really show her how to use it. And then past that, she wanted to know how to really apply day time make up as well as night time make up. I really don't know when this happened, but I've always seemed to be people's go to hair and make up person for big events so all of these years of practice paid off because I got to teach my sister a trick or two :)
 Drum roll puh-leasssse
Now for a sassy model pose :)
Still as beautiful before, just a little amplified and spruced up in the after :)

Don't worry, I'm doing a clothing post for Kirby and her closet soon :) But I think this is a great make over as is! What a hot mama :)

No comments: