Monday, November 12, 2012

Quick Trip (to Chattanooga)

This past weekend was a little extended for me. After Anna's wedding, I dropped Alexa off at her grandparent's house and came back home to pack for a trip to Chattanooga!! I had the rare treat of having a Sunday and Monday off so I took advantage since I don't think I'll have much free time between now and the holidays ending.

Food and friends are the two biggest reasons I love my trips to Chattanooga so of course I try to kill two birds with one stone! Kelly and I went to Yellow Deli for old times sake and sat outside on the porch--the weather was perfect! It was so good to spend time with her and just catch up on life. After lunch, Allie met up with me and we spent the afternoon together. Since we were both super full, we were at a loss of what to do...we drove around for a while and found our way up to Signal Point. We went down to Starbucks after a while for some air conditioned catching up when Cara met up with us! I dropped Allie off at youth group and spent a low key night with Cara. Like always, it was spur of the moment trip and Cara was willing to take me in!
Cara and I met up with Samantha in the morning for some breakfast after Sam got off her night shift at the hospital. It was so fun to see our married Mrs. Samantha Dyson...even though she signed the wrong name on her receipt! haha

Later in the afternoon, I got to see my Erin! We met at Joe Friday's because I had been craaaaaaving their food. I used to eat their once or even twice a week because it was a short walk from the church so it was so great to eat at one of my favorites I missed so much. But better than the food was spending the whole afternoon catching up with Erin. We walked around Coolidge and the walking bridge (with a pit stop at Ice Cream Show). Even though we had several hours to talk and catch up, I feel like our time was cut short! We tried to document our time together with a picture...but per usual, Erin and I are doomed to take bad pictures together. There's always next time...

I was sad to leave, but so grateful that I had the chance for a quick trip to spend time with dear friends (and eat lots of yummy, delicious food)! I'm looking forward to the chance to visit again in 2013! How weird does that sound??

No comments: