AKA did nearly everything together. We shared guard as a common interest and in our limited time off, we would go on adventures. Adventures ranged through a course of activities; dressing up for fancy dinners around East Cobb, visiting graveyards, movie marathons, driving around just for the heck of it. We did what we could to keep ourselves entertained around the EC. Anna was always ready for a new adventure and often came up with some pretty advantageous ideas!
We even went on a vacation with Anna's family--those are memories I will never forget!
Anna and I both went to Georgia, but I was busy with the sorority and she was busy with theater and plays. Once and a while, Alexa would come visit and we would try to catch up. I especially loved when Annie and I got to see her in a play one year!
But sadly, we got wrapped up and drifted. Anna moved to California for a stint while I was in Chattanooga. She started dating and got engaged to Wayne! During a trip home a year an some ago, AKA was reunited at one of our traditional brunch places, J. Christopher's. The last year we had a Serenade reunion and I was reconnected with AKA all over again! It was so fun to reminisce, catch up, and just spend time together with old friends.
The little time I've gotten to spend with Wayne, I can so easily see his and Anna's strength in their relationship. Anna's quirky, fun personality is so compatible with Wayne and I am so excited for their wedding tomorrow. I consider it an absolute blessing to be invited! I hate that I haven't been able to go to either her shower or bachelorette party, but it has been a busy wedding season for me to say the least!! (Anna's will mark my 10th invite, 7th to attend this season) Anna will be a flawless bride and I cannot wait to see her on her special day!!



No comments:
Post a Comment